Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Whew! What a busy week we had. We have 3 more guests, Tiga, Maggie and Randy, but Tiga went home yesterday, so we really only have two. But we are crowded still. What is it with the holidays and people dumping dogs? You would think they could stay in their homes, especially during this time of year.
Besides the one adoption yesterday, we seemed to have lots of visitors. I simply love visitors. I heard one say she had a friend who loved Sharpeis. I heard her whisper to someone she was going to find me a home. Wow, wouldn't that be great. When a old, crippled Sharpei finds a home because someone believes in them. Well, I have heard that before, so we shall see. I did get to spend lots of time outside because we had so many volunteers. It was great.
Buckeye, who lives next door to me, got to go off with his family. He has two kids and a mom and dad, but they lost their house, so he is staying with us for a while. Chesney was a little lost without him. They tussle all the time, but it is all in play.
Jake is still barking, but I think yesterday was his best day ever. He was actually a little quieter.
Maggie, who is a newbie, got out of the crate and into a kennel with Wesley. You see, the other newbie, Tiga, got adopted yesterday. She was turning into the fast one of the girls. She played with all the boys. I don't think Maggie is quite as forward. She seems a little shy, but she plays pretty well with Wesley.
The two visitors I told you about also took a shine to Drummer and Missy. Missy got to go on a long walk in the back field and Drummer got a walk around the property. They were so tired they slept well last night.
The weather is so nice I am pretty frisky when I get to go out and play. Wooly B. is also. He is the little black Cocker Spaniel who is my play buddy. I was even tempted to chase a ball, and that is really not my style.
Randy, another new dog had to have surgery on his leg and have pins put in it. We have to keep him quiet until the pins come out next month. He can only go for short walks and no off leash play time. He is a hound. Someone asked last night was he a St. Germain Pointer? I guess a friend has one named Jazz who is also orange and white. She runs flyball, whatever that is. I run to play. I don't chase balls, fly ones or stationary ones.
We had that picture lady come out again to take photos. She keeps having to come back because we have so many dogs.
Treats? Did I hear you ask about the treat situation? Well, those two volunteers who come on the busy day brought more. Did I say all for me? Yeah, well it never turns out to be all for me but I am getting better about sharing. No one shared the grilled cheese sandwich with me like they did with Benson, the rottweiler. Or the hard boiled eggs which were shared with Nala. Of course, it being Thanksgiving and all, we got turkey. This one human brought real turkey out for us. We each got a little piece. I was loving the turkey better than the soft treats. I hope her dog got some. I am sure he did. I can't imagine her not giving her own dog some.
Okay, the morning is young, it is cool, and I need to go romp around the yard for a while. You take care, don't forget about me and all of us at Satchel's. I will be talking to you next week. Until then, keep your nose in the air end your tail to the ground.
Love,
Baxter
P.S. This week we have a cute little dog named Handsome. I personally don't think he is handsome. He simply doesn't have enough wrinkles for my taste, but he is a smaller size and very loving. He has playmates here, but would really flourish in a new home with another dog and a human to teach him not to be scared of new humans. He knows sit and down, is housebroken and just needs a home for the holidays. Can you be the home Handsome needs? If so, please contact Caroline at comments@satchelslastresort.com and ask about him.

Comments

Popular Posts