Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Hi to all my fans. Another week has flown by and I simply do not know where time goes. It has been another busy week here at Satchel's Last Resort and I have got loads of new stuff to tell you. You would be amazed at what this old gentleman picks up just by listening.
We didn't have anyone go home this week. The hound, Buckeye, (I called him Buckshot last week. I knew it was Buck something, just couldn't remember what) is still right next door but seems to have calmed a bit. He is like me and has a crippled foot. His front foot turns out. Isn't it funny how we always hear these things don't bother us but I know they do. Do they think I don't know my leg is crippled? I wonder sometimes about how smart humans are.
We also had another one of our guests returned. Elsa, the boxer mix with one blue eye and one brown eye. She has separation anxiety. We knew that before she got adopted and thought her new family had experience with that but it turns out they had a hard time with it. She is now looking for a home again.
I also heard were getting another black lab in today. I wonder where he is going to live? We are pretty packed right now. Do you think maybe he could move in where Jake is? Naw, probably not. Jake is simply annoying to me. Hard as I try to tune him out, it doesn't work. Bark, bark, bark, all that dog does is complain. He thinks he has it rough now, I have seen some other places and this place is heaven. He is old too, so he should know better.
Last night, I must tell you, I had so much fun. I was trotting along in the yard and sniffing every blade of grass and tree I came across to investigate who had been there before me. It was quite nice since my play buddy, Woolly Bully, didn't want to stay out with me. Of course, he is not really playful with me, but just kind of hangs unless someone is out with treats.
Speaking of treats, I haven't seen those soft ones come in yet. Well, I take that back. I have had some soft treats come my way, but I was thinking along the lines of a whole jar. You know, like the kind our volunteers carry. I sit and take them so gently you would be amazed.
Oh! I am also supposed to remind you we have lots of adoptable dogs who really, really need homes. I forgot last week to feature anyone, so this week I will have to change things up and not only feature someone, but remind you to adopt. Just in case you forget what this is all about.
I also got a great massage by one of the volunteers. She said my fur felt like velvet and I really needed brushing after the massage. I bet I could benefit from having a massage once a week. What do you think? Maybe I will mention that to some others who are old and arthritic. Do you know any massage person who would do that with shelter dogs? Free of charge? You see, we don't have a family and there are lots of us, so money is tight.
I am going to close for now. I went on a walk this morning and got soft treats so I am beat and need to take a siesta. We will talk again next week. Don't forget, if you find a massage therapist, send them my way.

Baxter

P.S. One of our great dogs who really needs a home is Handsome. His name used to be Anson, but they changed it. He is a little to medium sized dog, who loves most people and most other dogs. He has several playmates here and the volunteers seem to love him. He is very, very timid with new people and you may have to have several visits before he will come to you, but once you are in, you are in. He then become quite the snuggle bunny and loveable lap dog you may be looking for. He has a beautiful, fawn coat with white markings. That is where he got his name. The humans are recommending an adult only home because of his shyness. He has never been around children and they may intimidate him with their quick movements and loud voices. You can check him out here or the many other animals who are guests at Satchel's Last Resort.

Comments

Popular Posts