Outside cats

Okay, what is wrong with my neighborhood? I have gone from having no outside cats, to so many I must shoo them off my truck and out of my yard when I go outside.
Have so many houses in my neighborhood been rented to people who don't understand what happens to outside cats? Are they neglectful or simply not educated?
My first impulse, and I have stated this before, is to trap them or call animal services to come and pick them up. The problem is, most people won't pay the fine to get their kitty back, and then the animal gets put down due to space and I feel guilty the rest of my life.
So please people, if you live in the neighborhood between Bee Ridge and Proctor, Swift and Beneva, keep your cat inside. In fact, if you live in any neighborhood and care about your cat, don't let it run loose. There are a lot of people who wouldn't feel guilty for trapping and disposing of a cat running loose, or God forbid, something worse.

Comments

Popular Posts