Why we do it.

The hours I work in my new job do not allow me to spend as much time with the dogs at the rescue as I used to, so sometimes I miss out on the exciting things which happen when I am not there.
One of my favorite dogs, Brownie, was a rescue case from horrible conditions in north Florida. She would take a while to warm up but then it was kisses and wiggles non-stop.
I had promoted her on the blog, on my facebook page and in person whenever I could and still she sat waiting for that perfect family for her.
Last week, that perfect family arrived, complete with a 13 year old boy who she will be able to romp and play with. This neglected pit bull mix, who was scared of her own shadow and had always lived outside, now has a home and a family who seem to adore her.
According to her new Mom, she apparently picked them. She is doing wonderfully in her new home, no accidents, and follows her new boy all around.
To all who adopt these special animals, those who believe in our mission of no more senseless killing, who donate, foster and love these animals others have given up on, Thank you.
Go with love Brownie and know we all are so happy you have a home.

Comments

Popular Posts