The beginning of a new year

After spending the last 3 days or so welcoming in the new year, I was happy to return to work today and get back on some kind of a schedule.
Don't misunderstand, I love having time to relax and simply enjoy my life, but I function much more efficiently if I have a schedule to follow or a job to do.
My schedule always includes updating any animal news I have come across or re-posting an animal which really, really needs a home.
A couple of weeks ago, I received an email from Lee County about several dogs they have in their facility who are exceptionally nice dogs who really need out of the kennel. Most of the dogs sent had been in the kennels for months and one really caught my attention.
It may have been his name, which is Rufus, but I think the thing which really captured my attention was the reason he had lost his previous home. He is a hound mix, looks like my favorite Florida Brown Dog, who knocked a child down. My understanding is this was not aggressive or anything like that, but he was simply overly-rambunctious and clumsy and the child was knocked down. He was returned to the shelter and their solution is to not send him home with small children to avoid this from happening again.
So we have the really, really nice dog who needs a home with no small children, has had lots of training and I want to find that home for him. The following is the email I received pleading one last time for this special dog.

My name is Rufus, ID A471615. I am a great looking hound mix who has been through a lot of training through the Cell Dog Program with Lee County. I actually got adopted! But then, I guess I was too excited and so one of my kids in the house got knocked down by me. I didn't mean to be so clumsy but sometimes when I get excited, I jump up and say "Hi! Want to Kiss Me!" Ok, it didn't go over very well, I guess. So, here I am back at the shelter. I'm very happy that Lynn, the trainer comes out weekly and plays and trains with me but then I get sad because I have to go back in my kennel. There is a sign on my kennel that says "no small children". I guess I can understand that but I don't want anyone to be afraid of me. I just got overly excited. Please come meet me soon. It is hard to be content in a kennel when you know what a "real home" feels like. I am a good boy who is big and kind of silly sometimes, but hey, I think having fun is important in life. I love to run and play. I hope you do too. I'm healthy and energetic and I so want to please my new owners. I really do deserve a second chance. Look at my photos, come meet in person and I dare you not to fall in love! Please also share my photos with someone who might want to help me. Foster, Rescue or a Forever Home. I just want to be safe and happy. Happy New Year! Email Belen Brisco for more information or call Lee County Domestic Animal Services at 239- 533-7387. Just say Rufus sent you. :) Location: 5600 Banner Drive, Fort Myers, Florida


Comments

Popular Posts