Just what Florida needs

I am not a squeamish person for most icky things. I am amazed when I watch one of my friends squeak and run when a June bug is flying around or run from a room when a spider is sighted demanding someone kill it.
Roaches are in the same category. I don't have my house sprayed with any pesticides and only notice a cockroach or two after we have heavy rain for a day or so. I know they live in the oak leaves and when those become saturated, they hunt for higher ground. This doesn't bother me. I don't want them crawling over my dishes, or anything like that, but all in all, they are simply part of the landscape I grew up with so are no big deal.
What is a big deal is this yahoo who tried to import another species of roach into the state with a forged permit. We have more roach species than any other state along with more problems with exotics which have been turned loose to reproduce and overpower the natives of the state.
They should throw the book at this guy so anyone who is thinking of importing any exotic without a proper permit will think twice. Check out the story here. If you aren't squeamish about these things.

Comments

Popular Posts