A "not so favorite" thing

Driving home from work every day, I see lots of things which are not my favorite ones, but seeing a puppy, running loose as I turned down my road is my least favorite of all.
I pulled in my driveway and watched the pup traveling from yard to yard, sniffing each bush and mailbox with no apparent cares in the world.
As he approached my yard, I whistled for him and he looked up. He had no collar, no leash, no visible sign he was owned by anyone. I attempted to get him to come to me with no luck and then an armadillo crossed the road and he took off to investigate the armadillo.
He ended up crossing the road which joins mine and trotted off in the woods toward Wilkinson Road like he knew where he was headed.
Perhaps he did. Maybe he simply escaped a back yard and was going home. His owners may let him loose every evening when they come home. Who knows?
I know this: if he had come to me, he would be in my house and I would be attempting to contact someone who had a chip reader to check for a microchip and then he would have gone to a shelter. He was a cute thing, looked like a smooth-coated collie, which are not inexpensive dogs and was about 4 to 5 months old.
Please, please, please don't let your dogs roam. Please look for them if they are missing. I am going to worry about this little guy for the rest of the night since I never found him and can only hope he made it home safely. Apparently I am more concerned than his owners. I sure hope not.

Comments

Popular Posts