Lettter from Dixie

Hi everyone. I am back, or should I say, I am still here.
This weekend was a really boring one around the kennels. You see, it rained all weekend. Now, I love the water but it was coming down in buckets so many of us elected to not be excited this weekend so we wouldn't be disappointed when our time got cut short. We are now looking forward to this week when the sun will hopefully shine, and we can run and play as normal.
Our Bassett Hound got adopted this weekend. Not that I will miss her. Have you ever been roused from a good nap by a baying hound? Let me tell you it is not a nice way to wake up.
I didn't get to do the agility this weekend. I am a little disappointed since I would have jumped them in the rain, but I opted to go for a car ride and stayed a little dryer than if I had been jumping hurdles. I will save up my energy for Saturday and then, watch out, the hurdles will be tackled. I also heard we were getting something called a catwalk. I don't know what that is about but am sure I will figure it out. Do I get to chase something on that walk? Cats maybe? Squirrels? Why is it called a cat walk? Do I wear my leash and collar? So many questions to figure out.
We have a new dog named Nitro. He is a big baby. I think I remember him being here before but I am not sure. He is also up for adoption but I think I should be next. Don't you? I have been waiting longer than he has.
Well, this is a short week for reporting. There is not too much going on. I hope to have a more comprehensive report next week. Until then I will remain,
Faithfully yours,
Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts