Barry the black cat

Sometimes when I feature a cat or a dog on this blog, they get adopted quickly and I never hear a word about them again. Other times, they continue to be available for adoption, but I still never hear anything about them, so in Barry's case, I decided to ask.
Barry came to my attention months ago by some nice women whose friend had just suddenly died. She left her cat, Barry, without a home and they could not take him in. Barry ended up at the Humane Society of Sarasota County in a kennel and I kept an eye on him and reported from time to time about what was going on. Since I am no longer associated with that humane society, I thought I would check in and see how Barry was doing and then give you a little update.
Barry has left his kennel, where he hid under his cat mat and meowed, to Woodie's Wing, the free roaming cat room. From all report I got, he is doing fabulous. He gets along well with the cats in the room and all the humans who come through. They were concerned at first, but he allayed all their fears.
So the news on Barry is partially good. He is doing well but still homeless. He is a black cat who is 10 years or so, but could make someone a fabulous pet. If you are in the market for a senior cat, please stop by the HSSC on 15th Street in Sarasota or call 955-4131. Tell them Jean sent you to meet Barry.

Comments

Popular Posts