Doing what you know

One of the most disturbing facets of journalism in relationship to animal welfare is the disinformation which can be spread from people who do not write for a living. I remember writing a blog column when I first began writing a blog for the Sarasota Herald-Tribune about the embarrassment I felt when reading news stories which were so slanted against an animal, I could not believe a journalist even wrote it. You can check it out here.
It was written and discusses sensationalized journalism, or shock journalism, in this instance, pertaining to the breed of dog known as a pit bull. I also believe just as much damage can be done using "soft" journalism and believe the happy medium can be found, but not around most places in this day and age.
I would like to know why journalists can't simply tell the story? The story is, after all, what people want to know.

Comments

Popular Posts