I am still boycotting football

I was speaking to a sports dude a week or so ago, and we were discussing the animal rescue world. The subject, of course, let to my feelings about Michael Vick and the whole intro back to the NFL.
When I told him I was boycotting the NFL due to the reinstatement of Vick, he said it must really bother me Vick was rated the number one passer that week in pro football.
My response was it did not bother me. The fact is, Michael Vick is a hell of a football player. That has never been the issue.
The issue is what a despicable human being he is. It does not mean you can't see how talented he is, simply what kind of a man he is.
Michael Vick, being this football genius, having millions of dollars at his disposal along with thousands of fans, knowingly bred, fought, gambled, and tortured animals thinking it would not matter to anyone since they were only dogs.
It may not matter to a lot of people. After all, we knowingly euthanize millions of dogs in this country every year. But it matters to me. It did when it happened and it still does.
In my humble opinion, Michael Vick is a scumbag who dirtied his name beyond repair, sullied the NFL, and continues to look out for Michael Vick.
I am still boycotting the NFL. I am only a voice of one, but I still maintain the right to do that. As the country music song states, "You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything." Think about it.

Comments

Goldstarvw said…
Hi, Jean. Just came across this article that was linked off of the Chicago Tribune. 7 Myths about Pit Bulls. I wish I had one near right now that I could hug!

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/steve-dale-pet-world/2010/11/pit-bull-myths.html

Popular Posts