The travel to and from

Although traveling to Polk County once a week is not really how I like to spend my weekends, it has become a necessity in my life at this time. I would much rather be working with the rescued dogs or hanging out with my own dog, but I guess when life throws things your way, you deal with them.
Many times I am on the road very early in the morning and see my share of wild critters. I have written about gators and eagles, buzzards and armadilloes, but Sunday morning I saw something I have never seen before: deer.
I know they are there, I have just never seen any and I not only saw a mother deer, but two fawns of the same size simply grazing on the side of the road. I was thrilled. They were so cute and then they took off across the cow pasture bordering the phosphate mine. You can find beauty almost anywhere you look. Even when you are not expecting it.

Comments

Popular Posts