Lots of seniors still out there

One of my passions is the promotion for the adoption of senior pets. Every day I see more and more seniors who were dumped at some shelter somewhere because someone was ________.
You fill in the blank. allergic, moving, and the list goes on and on.
I read where one of my favorite seniors, Buster, had been returned to the HSSC. Buster found another home last week. I believe he was 12.
How do you dump a 12 year old dog out? Explain to me how people can adopt an animal, keep it for several years and then return it. You can't? I can't either. I have no explanation for why people do things such as this.
You all know Buzz and what a wonderful dog he has turned out to be. He is always there for me to offer a nice petting session with a wag of his tail or possibly, if you are lucky, a doggy lick. He has to be feeling pretty good for this doggy kisses, though.
Animal rescue people see these pleas all the time so I will lend my voice to those pleas and ask you consider an older dog or cat if you are considering adopting. Puppies and kittens go very quickly at most shelters and rescues. Older dogs and cats are not that lucky.
One of my favorites at Satchel's Last Resort is Wilbur.
Please check him out and if he looks like he would fit in with your household, call and make an appointment to meet this great dog. He is housebroken and knows all his commands. He likes some other female dogs and would simply have to meet any in your household. He is a snuggler and you couldn't go wrong with him.

Comments

Popular Posts