The Lake of my memories

As I was traveling in Lakeland this past weekend and happened to be driving around Lake Hollingsworth, I was transported back in time to my high school years. During that time period this time of year, you would see us all with our guys in their muscle cars, parked on the lake playing Frisbee and generally hanging out like teenagers do. At night you would find the same cars parked, only now we were watching the submarine races, which was code for making out.
How times have changed. There is now a path for walking, biking, roller blading etc. all around the lake which is an almost perfect circle of 3 miles.
I had not noticed so much before, but Saturday there were many, many people walking dogs. What a diverse crowd of dogs. I saw hounds and retrievers. There was a rotti and a couple of small fou fou's. I saw several JRT's, a couple of pitbulls and a few mutts which were anyone's guess. The interesting thing is the city of Lakeland has provided drinking fountains around the lake, complete with one tall enough for humans and then on the bottom a small one for your dog, along with baggies for picking up after your pet.
The really interesting part was all these dogs were walking, along with moms pushing babies in strollers, joggers, runners and bicyclists. Amazing what can happen when we all get along.

Comments

Popular Posts