Looking forward to a weekend away

Let this be notice to all my regular blog readers, there won't be any new items posted until next week. It is time for a long weekend away with the sweetie to recharge the batteries and take a mental health weekend.
I plan on doing lots of hiking and such, so I will post photos when I get back of any interesting critters I saw along the way.
If you are in need of a getaway spot, I cannot speak too highly about the state park system in Florida so if camping is your thing, check them out and find one close to you. It is about as close to old Florida as you can get unless you know someone with a ranch somewhere. Of course, I know someone with a ranch somewhere, but I am too old to sleep on the ground anymore and prefer the creature comforts of cabins with real beds. The state has several really nice parks with cabins including Myakka which is out my back door or Fanning Springs on the Suwannee River. You can dive at Blue Spring or stay close to Silver Springs at Silver River State Park, my favorite.
If you are staying home this weekend and are looking for a new companion, please visit your local rescue or humane society where your new best friend will be waiting.
See you next week,
Jean

Comments

Popular Posts