Chickens and the HSUS

I am not a fan of the HSUS. I believe at times, they do more harm than good in public relations and do not explain themselves and their mission for normal people to understand. That being said, I believe Wayne Pacelle is a charismatic leader who accomplishes much of what he sets out to accomplish, even when I disagree with some of his methods.
I eat a lot of eggs. I like eggs but I do not like the conditions most laying hens are subjected to. For a while, I stopped eating and buying eggs for this reason. When the grocery stores began offering eggs from free-range chickens who are fed an organic diet, I began buying those eggs to support those farmers. I even had a lady come up to me in Publix the other day and thank me because she thought she was the only one who bought this kind of egg.
So when the HSUS and the egg industry finally came to an agreement to have some guidelines for egg farmers, it was good news to me.
Check out the story here.

Comments

Popular Posts