Sportsman of the year? NOT

Because I do not follow BET Television closely, when I read where Michael Vick was named "Sportsman of the Year" I almost gagged.
I am continually amazed at what television and the media continue to try and cram down my throat when I really don't want it anywhere near me.
Once the news hit Facebook and animal lovers found out Subway was the largest supporter, the "No Way, Subway" campaign began. Check it out here if you have not seen it yet on Facebook.
I, for one, will not eat at Subway, will not watch BET or anything else associated with Michael Vick. I still believe he is a despicable human, is not sorry for anything he did, and never received just punishment for the crimes he committed.
Please contact BET and Subway along with anyone else who had anything to do with this award even nominating him. I shudder to think what true sportsmen are thinking. I hope they continue to be sportsmen, despite the misguided attempts at others to force someone like Vick down our gullets.
For another great column, check out this one from Chris Durant.

Comments

Popular Posts