Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Hello once again. Baxter here. I have returned for yet another wise column on the happenings at Satchel's Last Resort.
The reason my column is going to be wise this week, is due to someone telling me the other day I reminded them of Confucius. Now I have no idea who he is, but I guess he was Chinese like me and had wise words about everything. He was a teacher and although I am not a teacher, I sure would like to teach some of these young pups here a thing or two about being calm.
He said, “Mankind differs from the animals only by a little and most people throw that away.” Now I am not sure what he meant by that, but it sounds wise and I guess a human might know what it means.
Now on to stuff I do know about. We had an up and down weather week. Some days were nice and other days I would have prefered to stay in my kennel all day and sleep. What is up with this craziness? I admit I don't like the cold, due to my leg being achy, but this cold, warm, rainy, cold, rainy and over and over is really getting to this old man.
Jake was on pretty good behavior this week, but we had some new visitors and I got to bark. Just to show Jake this old man still has it in him. I don't bark much, but I still can and I proved it this week.
We still have lots and lots of dogs for adoption. We had one adoption last weekend. Doug the Dog went home with a Rottweiler and a man who looks just like him. Not the rottie but the man. They both have grey chin whiskers. I heard he was doing well and settling in nicely. Someone came in and looked at Jules and Mason, but I haven't heard either of them leaving yet, so am not sure what happened.
The nice lady who comes on Saturday wasn't there this week. I hope she is okay. I miss her when she doesn't come through. She has been working on Betty Boop's manners. Betty is a puppy and still needs training to make a good pet. She is our resident fast girl. She walks pretty good on a leash though.
Elsa, our one blue and one brown eyed girl loves cocoanuts. You should have seen the way her kennel looked after chewing on one all afternoon. She was having the best time. Her kennel mate, Buckeye thinks she is nuts. I noticed how much fun she was having. He wasn't interested.
Marley, a cute little girl came back to us. I guess her family was moving to somewhere that didn't allow dogs. I am still trying to wrap my doggie brain around why someone wouldn't like to have a dog living with them. Oh well, that is beyond my scope of brain power. I will leave that for the humans to talk about.
Okay, I will close for now. My writer apparently has lots to write tonight so she told me to keep it short and sweet. (I am always sweet, I have no idea why she would tell me that)
Don't forget, check us out online at http://www.satchellastresort.com/. Drop by for a visit, just call before you come and you can meet me. I am still looking for a home.
Love,
Baxter


Comments

Popular Posts