Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Well, well, well. I finally get published. It took me all week to get this thing done and then, just when I think it is ready, I am advised by the human who actually puts this out there her modem was not working. Now, from this dog's point of view, I have no idea what a modem is or whether it works or not, I only know I need to get said, what I need to get said and I don't like waiting on modems, whatever they are.
So they weather has been really back and forth. Speaking from a mature, crippled dog, I am ready for the cold and damp to leave and the warm breezes of spring to take over. What is up with the nastiness we have been having? I have not seen a winter like this my whole life.
Jake is also not making my living conditions any more bearable. He is barking non-stop, for hours and hours. I am not sure what his problem is, but I wish he would put a sock in it. He barks when it is noisy, when it is quiet, when people come in and when people go out. He barks when they are getting our food ready, or simply cleaning a kennel. It is the most annoying thing in the world and I wish someone could make him sush.
On top of the noise, we are crowded. I mean doubled-up crowded. It seems we are trying to save more dogs than ever before. I heard one of the humans say last weekend she wished the other humans would put us out of business, but it seems to be increasing instead of decreasing.
We are getting our dogs homes, but the need is so great, we aren't finding homes, good homes anyway, fast enough. Remember Harry? Handsome Harry? He was a favorite around here and had lived here his whole life with no one looking at him. He is doing well since he went to his new home. I am happy for him, but still want to find my permanent home with a permanent family. I haven't given up and don't plan on it.
We have had new dogs, new volunteers, we got two new brothers in a couple of days ago, and office furniture and it is the hustle and bustle of a very busy place. I have to take cat naps every so often since things are moving by the minute.
Well, the wind is blowing and the rains are coming back so I am going to close this for now. Please keep referring people to check out our adoptable animals at Satchel's Last Resort and drop by and see us. Till next time, hold your honey close and your dog closer,
Love,
Baxter
P.S. This week I am going to feature Mason, a little black pit bull who almost died from pneumonia, after being rescued from a shelter in central Florida. He is black and a pit so he has a couple of strikes, but he loves people and other dogs. His kennel mate is named Brownie. He would do well with an active family, is housebroken and walks well on a leash.

Comments

Popular Posts