Kids and dogs

As someone who grew up around dogs, I am a huge proponent of families with kids having dogs. That being said, families are different now with their pets than when I was a kid. Dog bites are on the rise and many people always blame the dog, but in many instances, it is the child's parents fault for not teaching their children about animals in the first place.
Then you have a tragedy, which is what I am talking about today. A young child south of us was killed while playing with the family dog. It was not an attack, but a tragic accident which cost the parents a child and a dog its' life.
I heard about this from another rescue group which sent me the story. The child was a nephew of one of their volunteers and they asked would I run the story. The family is trying to turn the tragedy into something positive for parents and dogs alike.
Please read this link and see how this family is trying to move forward in honor of a kid being a kid playing with his family dog.

Comments

Popular Posts