What attracts people to blogs?

As I was sitting here cruising the internet for interesting stories, I began thinking about the people who read my blog. I have this cool little tool which shows me the stats on my blog. It shows me locations, time of day, blog item read, how many pages, etc. I can track if you live in Orlando or Bismark, North Dakota and yes, I do have readers in North Dakota. The stats are compiled for me on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. I even get a lot of readers from Europe and Asia. Of course, my friend Michal, is in New Zealand so I know she will show up once a week or so.
Why do people read blogs? If you read my blog are you also interested in other animal blogs or do you diversify and read political blogs? Maybe real estate blogs are your choice or how about business blogs?
I have said before and will again, blogs are a great way to communicate with others who are interested in the same things you are. Some of my blogs become very personal and because the blog belongs to me, that is okay. Sometimes I just like to write off the wall things and sometimes I get comments on things I have written which I thought were so generic no one would notice. Then when I have written something which I thought was a no-brainer as far as getting people motivated, I hear nothing about the topic.
Just for your information, I try to keep any errors to a minimum in spelling and grammer, but things do slip through. If they are caught by someone close to me, I get them corrected ASAP. (thanks Joyci, my personal cat expert) If not, they get printed and whoever reads them can discuss how illiterate I am.
I have had people who try and pick a fight through the blog with other people or organizations. I have no idea why they do this. I have had people write to me in a language I have never seen. I have had people question me about topics which are not animal related.
I will state again for the record, I will not accept or post any negative comments towards me personally or any other animal welfare person or organization. I will not discuss my private life or that of my family and friends. I will continue to try and bring you the latest news I can find, the most needy of the adoptable animals and the odd little bits and pieces I find in my travels.
If you don't like what I have written, drop me a note personally. My email address is at the top of the blog. I don't take phone calls on my home phone unless I recognize who you are and only a few select people, my boyfriend, my son, my mother and my job have my cell phone. I also will not accept calls on that unless I recognize you.
So please continue to keep reading. Contact me by email if you would like to have an animal posted or have an event planned for the area or would like to discuss one of my topics in depth. I enjoy hearing from you.

Comments

i came to your blog because you once wrote about puffy paws kitty haven, and i was hoping you would profile them again. i just got an email that they are about to lose power and 250 cats will likely be euthanized, since they are primarily special needs animals. www.puffypawskittyhaven.com
Hi Catherine,
So glad you wrote me. I developed a relationship with Puffy Paws when they were first organized. I depended on Rick to keep me supplied with adoptable cats and news of the rescue. He has not done that and I have heard nothing from him. The last email I have was well over a year ago. I am always happy to include any rescue in my blog and should I be contacted again by Puffy Paws with adoptables, I will post them immediately.
Jean

Popular Posts