Heartworm "season"

I have written on this subject before and because it is the beginning of our summer season and the mosquitoes seem to be flourishing around my house in record numbers, I thought a gentle reminder is in order.
Please, please, please use heartworm preventative on your pet. We live in Florida, where the weather does not get cold enough most years to destroy mosquitos, like a cold weather state where it does.
I found it interesting there was this article in the San Francisco paper when even the headline stated "Pets in the southeast are most at risk for heartworm." San Francisco does not qualify as being located in the southeast but Florida does.
If you have ever seen a pet have to go through the heartworm treatment or even lost a pet from the heartworm treatment, (I have experienced both), please treat your pets. I cannot stress this enough.

Comments

Popular Posts