Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Merry Christmas everyone. I know, I am a couple of days late, but the lady who types this for me has been very busy. Last weekend she didn't have time because she had a date. Can you believe she passed up my very important column because she was occupied with another human. I tell you, there is no accounting for taste sometimes. So, here it is. A little late, but here nonetheless.
Christmas week was busy, busy, busy and I expect this coming week to be just as chaotic. You see, we have been meeting new people and adjusting to new things. People are bringing in donations and we have simply been overwhelmed. Boy, do we love that feeling so you guys keep it coming. Then it will feel like Christmas all year long around here.
Buckeye's family came and got him and took him with them for a couple of days. He will be sad when he comes back because I am sure he doesn't understand he is simply staying here until they can get a new place to live. Chesney, as much as the argue back and forth, really misses him when that happens. If he doesn't get adopted soon, when Buckeye leaves for good we will have to find him another kennel mate.
I am feeling quite frisky and have been with the cooler weather. I am not too fond of the rain, it makes my crippled leg a little achy, but this nip in the air has me running and playing like a young dog. Not that I am old, just a little more mature. Even Wolly B. has been hopping around quite happily.
Jake is still barking. I think we should write a song and see can we get it on the radio. He never even loses his voice. I am adjusting though and can sometimes sleep right through it. Of course, now we have Randy who is in a kennel in back of me and he is sometimes just as loud. He has an excuse though. He is a hound and hounds do that. We also have another new guest, Huckleberry. He is a Catahoula Leopard mix who is about, I think. He lives in a crate next to Patches the border collie mix and Romeo, a rottweiler mix who is also a new guest.
I did hear Maggie, our brindle greyhound mix had found a home and will go next week. She is calm and sweet and I heard she went right up to her new dad and put her head in his lap. Talk about selling yourself. That seems to work every time. I wish someone would give me the option. I might do that if it meant a permanent home for me. Listen up guys, head in lap means new home. We need to start keeping a list of things to do to make people fall in love with us quickly. I'll start working on that.
Did I tell you we got chicken with our dog food on Christmas Day. Yep, real chicken. Phillip bought it for us. Just for us and we each got a piece. It was as good as the turkey we got on Thanksgiving.
The volunteers we call the Petsmart girls brought Benson, our rottweiler a new game yesterday. He is so smart he figured it out quickly. I think they should try it with Patches. He needs something to keep him busy in his kennel. He needs a job doing something. He is so bored.
Well, that is my column for this week. I will put the pressure on the lady who types this to get with the program and stop being so late with them. She must not understand how important it is for me to get out to you readers and maybe find some homes. I know you love reading about us. I know you do.
Love,
Baxter
P.S. The featured dog this week is Mitch. Mitch is a young, rambunctious boy who loves, loves, loves to play. He loves to chew on cocoanuts and run with a ball in his mouth. He needs an active family who can keep up with him. Mitch is housebroken, crate trained and needs some more obedience due to his playful nature. Come and meet this nice young dog and see how well he might fit in your family.

Comments

Popular Posts