Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Hello to all my fans out there. Hope you all had a terrific week. As you can see, I am still here as is everyone else. We know something is going on. There is a feeling in the air of something special, but have no idea what. I heard someone say it was the holiday season. Maybe that is the reason everyone is so happy around here. Tired, but happy.
Jake is still yap, yap yapping on one side of me and the hounds are how, how howling on the other. That scenario is probably not going to change any time soon. Then today, oh boy, someone took Woolly B for a walk and left me in the play yard. Excuse me? What about me? Can I not go for a walk the same as that little, hairy, black dog? What is up with that? I am going to have to put the word out: just because I am crippled, doesn't mean I can't walk. The nerve of some people. Just who did that lady think she was? I watched them through the fence and I was a tad miffed. Please remember that the next time you take one dog for a walk and not the other.
Big happenings yesterday. We were busy, busy busy. In fact, all week has been like the Daytona 500 around here. People zooming by; animals zooming by and no one stopping to give me a soft treat.
The big rottweilers I told you about last week left to go to a foster home. I heard they got a little sick. I hope they will be okay. I wish more people would learn about the dangers of heartworm and make sure they protect their dogs. It can do all kinds of nasty things to dogs' insides and the stuff they have to take to make them well can make them sick and even die. Responsibility people, responsibility.
The washers overflowed again. We need a big one, not the two dinky ones we have. They have a hard time keeping up with the dirty laundry and my kennel is close. I sure don't want that water backing up on my bed, especially since I got a new one. The hounds don't mind. They could care less about esthetics but they matter to me.
Someone came to look at Pluto. They may take him home. Someone was supposed to come look at Gator and Prince but they never showed up. Why do people do that? You could call if you can't make it. I will never understand some human behavior.
One of the volunteers brought in a tree to plant today. I saw her taking it in the back field. It will be the perfect tree to pee on when we walk back there. One day it should be big and then it will be shady. I heard it was a ficus and they are shady. The old tree died the last time we had a freeze.
Well, I am going to close for now. It is a short week because I am tired. I think we will be very busy next week so I want to rest up and put my best foot forward. You never know when someone may decided they would like to take me home.
Love,
Baxter
P.S. This week I am going to feature one of the hounds. His name is Chesney and he is a black lab/hound mix. I personally think he is more hound than lab, but I guess that is a matter of opinion. He is under a year old, black with white markings, and they even put a Santa hat on him. (such indignities). He isn't housebroken yet but is super smart and should learn quickly. I would quickly like to find him a home so I could get some rest. He is a great dog who loves people but just needs a little training. Drop Caroline a note at comments@satchelslastresort.com if you have any questions.

Comments

Popular Posts