Settling in

I got a request today to post a blog item and let everyone know how Buzz is doing. I am going to do that, along with a photo of him and Gypsy outside playing this afternoon. I also want to explain the absence of my feline and canine reporters. They are not gone, simply taking a break and as soon as they are up for it, they will be back. Finding a reporter is not an easy task, but I am searching low and high for one.

Now, on to Buzz's first two weeks at home.
First of all, Buzz is simply a joy to have with me. He is so full of life and love and simply wants to please you. His hair, where he was shaved is growing back in now he is on a good diet with me and my vet watching his every action and reaction. My vet believes when Buzz was treated for heartworm, his immune system became compromised and must be built back up. Because of his flea allergy, one flea bite can cause him to itch and scratch repeatedly, so he had to be put back on antibiotics and prednisone. He will finish his prednisone treatment this week, he has been given a Comfortis, which is the internal flea medication, has also been given Revolution, to eliminate any chance of one of those little buggers biting him, and gets 2 big fish oil caps a day to get some oil back in his system for his hair follicles.
Yeah, I know it sounds like a lot, but his hair is now coming back beautifully and he is worth it. I was bragging on his housebreaking status, no accidents in the house, so today, he proves me wrong and pees all over my dining room chair. My fault though, he came to the computer room and told me he needed to go, and I wasn't paying attention.
He is a consummate thief and will steal any and all food left anywhere if he can get to it. I think this is due to him being so neglected and hungry his whole life, but he understands no and we will work on that issue.
He escaped out the front door yesterday. I didn't realize it because I was in the floorboard of my truck bringing in groceries. The wind blew the door open and when I raised up I saw Gypsy standing in the driveway. I shoo'd her in the house and then thought of Buzz. His collar was hanging with his leash in the kitchen and all I could think of was finding him. I began walking down the driveway and calling his name and whistling and here he comes, running down the road, just as happy as a clam, wagging his tail. He came right up to the front door, sat and then went inside.
He lays by my chair every evening, gives up the dog bed to Gypsy, tries to steal her Milkbones, antagonizes her when he wants to play, still loves his soft toys but won't play with balls and steers clear of the pool.
He is full of life, love and happiness and I am so glad I brought him home.

Comments

Popular Posts