The Mutt Mutterer has come home

Today is a good day. Today a new homeless pet has found a home. The Mutt Mutterer column was started to bring attention to those dogs who needed a little bit of extra attention. Some dogs found their homes quickly while others remained the columnist for months.
Written from the dog's perspective, through me, I have tried to focus on putting a human in a dog's kennel. Sometimes it worked better than others and at times it could bring tears or make you laugh.
Buzz, who is the current Mutt Mutterer defines what this column was all about. He is a senior, which you know are my passion, and was dumped off at the shelter covered in fleas and ticks, so emaciated you could count his ribs. He had internal parasites, the most serious of which was a high positive for heartworm. He had fatty growths all over his backside and did not even know the sit command. He is also a FBD: Florida Brown Dog.
After the passing of my Junior, which was only a short month ago, I toyed with the idea of getting another rotti puppy. As I have said before, puppies are lots and lots of work and with my schedule being what it is, in order to do the job right, I decided against a pup.
Buzz, being the kind of rejected, throwaway dog he was, still brings the passion I have for saving animals to the front of my thought processes. He has grown into quite the handsome dog, although I will always call him Buzz Butt, due to his shaved behind. He is happy, heartworm free, and although he still needs some work, is becoming a dog any owner could be proud of.
Buzz is coming home with me today. He will never have to worry about food, or medicine, a place to lay in the sun, or knowing someone loves him.
This will also be the end of the Mutt Mutterer column for the time being. The blog will still be here and you will still be able to read all about the homeless cats and dogs who reside at local shelters and rescues, just minus the Mutterer column.
So, if you are in my area, see an old, fat, homely hound dog with an old, skinny, handsome FBD walking with a young, skinny, beautiful blond (yeah, I wish), stop us and say hello. Gypsy will bark, but she does that all the time, Buzz will wag his tail and sit in anticipation of a treat, and I will introduce you to 2 of the best dogs ever, both rescued, and both amazing creatures.

Comments

Popular Posts