Do I like your dog?

My old hound dog, Gypsy, is a homely girl. She is a mix of coonhound and something, so her features are a little out of whack and her lips droop. Her ears are not hound ears, but her body is a hound one. She is fat, although between the vet and I, we cannot figure out why, except she is the consummate thief and will steal any and all food or crumbs laying around. She is mine though, and I love her.
My neighbor across the way has a boxer/pit mix named Elsie. I love Elsie. She is a great dog. The neighbor next to Elsie has two dogs, both shelter dogs of a small/medium size and I love watching her walk them down the road together.
The neighbor on the other side has a puggle, who I don't like, not because of the dog, but because of the irresponsibility of the owner with the dog.
I am not much of a small dog person and like my pets big and burly, except for my friend's chihuahua, Sassy, who I adore.
The folks who live in back of me have one of those white, fluffy dogs who doesn't like Gypsy so she barks while she is back there.
Right around the road there are 4 small ones, 2 who are shelter dogs which I introduced to their new owner and their parents live two doors down with 2 more dogs, of medium size who are some kind of cocker mix.
There are a multitude of dogs in my neighborhood. They are all different in breed, personality and looks. Some I like better than others.
You see, personal opinion only counts for your pet. You can think whatever you want about someone else's animal. So it doesn't matter if I like your pet or not. As an individual, what attracted me to Gypsy, was not what might attract you to your dog.
There are a variety of dogs and cats in this area who need homes. Please visit your local rescue group or shelter and find your perfect pet. Remember, it doesn't matter what the neighbors think.

Comments

Popular Posts