Pitbulls and parolees

One of the advantages of living by yourself is being able to pick and choose what you want to watch on television. When you reduce the number of channels you have to choose from, the choice is even easier. I have lived without a full cable lineup for over 3 years and have not suffered in the least. I will concede I missed several cable channels including A&E and Animal Planet, but the money saved helped in other areas. When my son was discussing moving back home for a year, one of his requests was the cable lineup be full again and he would pay the difference. I, of course, said okay and now I have the pleasure of watching Animal Planet and many of the shows which continue to hold my interest. A couple of weeks ago I saw a listing on the guide for Pitbulls and Parolees. Having no idea exactly what the show was about, I was pleasantly surprised. The rescue featured on this show is located in California (where else?) and I have found myself watching it with undivided attention. It is obvious to any viewer the love which is given to this special breed of dog and the problems which are faced on a daily basis, not only from the care of the animals, but the use of parolees to care for the dogs. It is a very interesting concept about giving second chances. The dogs' percentage is higher than the parolees, but many are at least making an attempt. If you have not seen the show, try and catch an episode if you can. Check out the program here and if you can, send them a little something. Check out Tia's website here. It all helps, even the viewership.

Comments

Popular Posts