The excitement in seeing an old friend

When I received the call last week my heart dropped to my toes. Durning the course of working with rescues there is always the one dog you hope you never hear about again. You say a prayer of thanks every year that passes when you don't hear except with good news.
Munson, who everyone who ever volunteered at the HSSC knew and loved, was placed in his forever home several years ago with a German Shepherd named Sere and a human named Pam.
He was, without a doubt, the love of my life. I always stated if anything happened and Pam could not care for him any longer, he would come home with me. Of course, my friend Kerry said the same thing.
Pam called last week and Kerry called me. "Do you want to go see your boy?" she asked. Was she kidding? Of course I wanted to see Munson.
It seems he has been able to slip his collar so Kerry is taking an Easy Walk Harness down to Pam to fit him so he can't get away again and perhaps have a confrontation with anyone.
So today I get to go visit Munson. My favorite dog of all time. The dog who should have come home with me. My buddy. I am beyond excited and can't wait to see him. Hopefully, I will get a photo and will post it later this week.

Comments

Popular Posts