Munson the wonder dog













Working with rescued animals is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. I hear many, many people tell me they could never volunteer with animals because they would want to take them all home. I tell them you learn to not give your heart away to each animal you come in contact with or you will take them all home. Most of us who work in rescue have multiple animals because of that.

Munson was the first dog I ever really, truly fell in love with. He inspired me to write his story while I was employed at the Sarasota Herald-Tribune and I have followed his life closely since then. Well, as close as I could without being considered a stalker. This story I wrote orignally, although with high hopes, did not end up being Munson's forever home.
He is in his forever home now. His Mom's name is Pam and his sister is named Sere. He has ingrained himself in their lives and Pam says she cannot imagine her life without him. He even has the UPS lady stop her truck in front of the house. Not to see Pam mind you, but to give Munson a treat.
He was so well-loved by the people who came in contact with him, they all now want to make a trip to see him the next time we go. In doggie world, that means a lot.

So on the trip to see him on Monday, I fell in love all over again. I assured Pam should anything ever happen and Munson needed a home, he was welcome at my house anytime.

I am so thankful to Pam for providing him with a wonderful home. I can only hope all the shelter dogs can end up in as good a place as this.

Comments

Popular Posts