Picking up after your pet

I have written about this subject before, in fact, many times before. If you own a dog in Sarasota County, the law says you must pick up after your pet.
The area I live in has a lot of dogs and their owners are pretty proficient in scooping up the poop. There are always going to be one or two though, and in the past several weeks I have cleaned up several times from poop in my yard which did not belong to any of the dogs living in my household.
I figure they are from the puggle who lives across the street and runs around like a crazy dog when his owner lets him outside. I have spoken to this particular young man and he say okay and then ignores me.
Last night I was walking Buzz along with my ever-present plastic bag when Buzz had to go. As I bent down to clean up after him, a man was walking down the street who admonished me to leave the poop on the ground. "Good fertilizer," he said.
If everyone in my neighborhood felt that way, I cannot imagine the mess we would have in our yards. I sure wouldn't want to walk anywhere.
So if you live in the county, please pick up after your dog. Your neighbors will appreciate it.

Comments

Goldstarvw said…
Hi, Jean. Not a comment to post but I'm not sure how to send you a private message. From reading your blog I know how passionate you are against breed legislation. A town from my home province is trying to do this. Thought you might like to read about it, not necessarily to post about it but just for your own information. I find their list of "bad" dogs rather interesting- rotweilers (my favourite!) and pitbulls, but no dobermans and german shepherds. Here is a link to a local blogger who has been following the story. http://dogkisser.blogspot.com/
I don't know this woman, just stumbled on her blog one day.

Have a great weekend. Laura
Thanks for the information Laura. You are right. I am passionate about BSL. Keep that information coming. As I always say, knowledge is power.

Popular Posts