Where does time go?

Just when I think I am going to get everything which is going on in my life caught up, I realize another week has gone by and I am still playing catchup from the week before. Or perhaps the week before that. Working a shift while everyone else is sleeping should afford me plenty of time to do everything else I do with no problem. Wrong. Between work, volunteering, having a boyfriend, albeit one who spends more time out of town than in, keeping up with the family, the blog, the ongoing battle against Rick Scott and the Florida Legislature, I find the weeks continue to fly by and I am not accomplishing half of what I set out to accomplish. I am supposed to be taking it easy, relaxing on my days off, lounging out by the pool with the boyfriend, eating steak and lobster cooked on the grill, or hanging in Key West or the mountains of North Georgia with the cousins. Instead I spend more time with everyone on the phone because trying to plan anything is next to impossible. Just when I think some time is going to be freed up, the totally inept government does something which necessitates me writing more letters and making more phone calls which eats into more of my spare time. Arghhhhh! If someone can explain to me why I am more busy the older I get, please email me the answer. I am having a very hard time figuring out where time has gone and a happy, belated birthday to my love. Next year belongs to us.

Comments

Popular Posts