Dumping senior pets for the 2nd time

I am the spokesperson for the adoption of senior pets. I cannot imagine how you could keep a dog or cat for years and then dump them on a rescue at 10 or 12 years old and expect they will find a new home. They go from having a comfortable bed and humans to love to a concrete cage where they may get a hour or so of playtime if they are lucky.
While I was associated with the Humane Society of Sarasota County, I started a fund for senior animals named after my old rottweiler, Jessie.
Jessie's Fund has sponsored hundreds of adoptions for senior dogs and cats and is still active today, even with me being gone from there.
Imagine how I felt when I saw not one, but two senior animals back on the website looking for a home again. Imagine how heartbroken I was in not being able to bring these animals home myself.
Buster Brown and Deva Raja are both senior dogs who got adopted out and now they are back, each at about 12 years old. Buster is an old Florida Brown Dog and Deva is a husky mix. They are both wonderful dogs with none of the habits which go along with puppies. Both would do well in a home with no other pets or small children.
Please, please, please, if you have room in your home and are looking to give a wonderful senior pet a chance for the rest of their lives, check out both these dogs at http://www.hssc.org/ and drop by for a visit. They deserve that.

Comments

Matron said…
We are picking up our new senior rescue dog today!! Leo is an 11 year old labrador who was dumped in London a month ago. How anyone can do that is beyond me.
Goldstarvw said…
Thank you for your help setting up Jessie's Fund. It has done so much good. Buster Brown and Deva Raja are such good dogs and don't deserve this... here's to finding their real forever home!

Popular Posts