Room with a view by Boris and Natasha

Hello to all our fans out there. Natasha here, coming to you from Satchel's Last Resort. The place where Boris and I, affectionately known as the Turbos, call home.
Before I go any further, I heard from my friend this will be the final column we will dictate for a while. She has lost something called her mojo for writing and needs to take a break and try to find it again. I am sure she will recover it soon. I have a really good nose and wonder if it is something Boris and I could sniff around and find? Nah, probably not. I think it is one of those human things which are simply too complicated for the canine companions.
New around here is there is nothing new. I know Boris said I told a story about liking the water, but it wasn't really a story. I don't like to roll around in it or anything like that. I just jump in, get wet, cool off, and then jump out. Simple. Some of our guests actually dunk their heads under like they can hold their breath or something. This has always seemed kind of silly to me, but who am I to change their minds?
We, of course, still have lots and lots of available dogs who would love to find a new home. Some of these guests have been here for quite a while and are still looking for the perfect spot to call their own. Dodger, who was a black and white hound mix found a really good home last weekend. He was very happy and didn't even look back when he left. Mia, his kennel mate was a little sad since she really wants a home, too, but she will get one. She is a nice girl. We had some people looking at Cinder, she is a German Shepherd mix who was left in a house to starve. She is putting on some weight now and is a sweet girl.
Of course, Libby, our senior lab mix is still here. We keep hoping someone will give her a home in her last 6 or 7 years, but no one has stepped forward to do that.
The thunderstorms we have had have made it pretty nasty to walk and play. The heat has also been unbearable and we like to lay on the concrete of our floors in front of the fans and expend as little energy as possible.
Well, I know this is short for the last column for a while, but we are in the dog days of summer and there isn't a whole lot going on in our world. So, until our human finds her mojo, we will be here, chillin' and waiting to come back with some new stories and adventures. We love you guys and will miss our time with you. So from me, Natasha and Boris, we will say "till we meet again."
Love
Natasha and Boris
The Turbos

Comments

Popular Posts