Room with a view by Boris and Natasha

Hi to all our faithful readers. Boris here, coming to you from the best place on earth. At least it is the best place if you don't have a forever home. Satchel's Last Resort and have I got news, news, and more news. Well....some of it may be a little gossipy, but it will be news to you.
First, Natasha told a little white lie last week. She likes water and she likes to jump in the doggie pools to cool off just like the youngsters do. I, on the other hand, like to simply perch, like a statue, on the cat walk and watch the world go by. She thought no one saw her jump in the water, but I did. See, I know her better than anyone else so I know the kind of games she plays. She is quite the trickster.
I also heard that Junior, one of the young Rottweilers we have, has a new girl. Her name is Kiki and she used to play with Dodger, but he hooked up with Mia so now Junior and Kiki get to play. It is good for Junior. He is lonesome since his kennel mate and sister, Princess got adopted.
Emmitt, who simply likes everyone, really enjoys playing with Jack. Did anyone tell you the story about Jack? Jack was laying in the middle of the road very sick when one of our volunteers almost ran over him. She picked him up and took him to the doctor and he had something called Parvo. It is a pretty nasty disease I guess and no one knew if he would make it or not, but he did. He is a Black Mouth Cur and maybe hound or pit mix and he loves everyone. He especially loves Emmitt and rolls around playing with him. Of course, puppies just do that. I used to do that, too, until I got a little more mature.
I also understand Flaps got to go for a car ride and acted like a vacuum cleaner in picking up all the crumbs from my friend's truck. She told us she would love to take us, but both of us and her will not fit in the cab, since it is a regular one and not a big one. We will have to depend on others to take us. You know, those who have a backseat. We do love to go for car rides and hope to get in as many as possible every week.
We now have two new sisters who are wild and crazy. I am not sure anyone ever taught them any manners so the staff out here got to work almost immediately and now they are beginning to sit for treats. They are both less than a year old but these are big girls. I wonder if they would get along with the brothers who are big boys. Maybe I will suggest someone try that. It might work. Then the boys could teach the girls some manners.
What about all this rain we have been having? Is this crazy or what? Well, I guess not since it is summer. There are many dogs who are terrified when it thunders. Natasha and I are not, but we feel bad for the dogs who are. There is simply nowhere to hide in these kennels. Others aren't scared of the thunder but don't like to get their feet wet. Can you imagine? We are dogs after all.
We have two dogs who are looking for a home together. Their mom fell and had to go somewhere and couldn't take them. They seem like nice girls. One is older and one is a little younger. You could ask about them if you are interested.
I have also noticed this big green thing out in front where the feral cats stay. It is full of stuff and it used to be empty. I was wondering if the cats were going to get a new building to live in. That is a pretty big building and it had a lot of useless stuff in it. No one has shown me what it looks like now. Maybe I will ask if I can see inside.
Well, Natasha is napping and I can hear her snores so I think I will join her to wait out the next storm which is fast approaching. Next week Natasha will bring you news of the dogs who live here with us and all the happenings from the week. Stay dry!
Love,
Boris
1/2 of the Turbos

Comments

Popular Posts