Room with a view by Boris and Natasha

Hello out there in cyberspace. Boris here. Ha! Bet you thought after last week's column by Natasha I wouldn't be back? Bet you thought she hurt my feelings? Boy, were you ever wrong. She was just getting my dander up. You know, we do live in a kennel and there are times when we can become sort of lazy, being dogs and all ,so she just got me to thinking about some things and maybe putting the lazy to the side for a while, especially when I am talking about the shelter.
She, Natasha I mean, is fine by the way. She is a tough cookie and there isn't a lot I could say that could hurt her feelings. You see, she loves me and we are very bonded. I suspect we are what you humans would call siblings, whatever that means.
Well, summer arrived with a bang around here and it is hot, hot, hot. I am glad we have some cool floor to lie on and have the big door to let in the breeze. I haven't ever lived in a home, but some of the dogs in here talk about something called air conditioning. Does that come in a bottle like dog conditioner or is that something different? If it comes in a bottle, could you bring us some? I would like to squirt it in the air and see if it really cools it off. I don't understand it, but what the heck. It couldn't hurt to try.
We also have lots and lots of dogs who are available for adoption. It seems they just keep coming and coming, not like that bunny on television who keeps going and going. We have a couple of youngsters, all under a year old. We have MJ, a little retriever mix, Angel, a little border collie mix, Kiki who is some kind of hound and Dodger, who is also some kind of hound. Kiki and Dodger could be twins except she is orange and white and Dodger is black and white. My friend tells me they remind her of two other shelter dogs who now have a really good home named Gizmo and Jazz. I guess some dogs have all the luck, but we are hoping by talking about them people will call and ask for their information.
I heard someone was coming to look at Libby, who is a senior and lives in the next kennel to us but they never showed up. That seems to be Libby's luck. She did get adopted once and went home, but was back because the adopter was allergic to her. Go figure. Some dogs have all the luck. Bad luck I mean.
We did have this teeny, weeny dog named Whiskers go home. I think that he was the only one who got adopted last week but we keep trying.
Elsa used to be the fast girl in the kennel, but Kiki seems to be trying to take her place. She has two playmates now; she plays with Dodger, her kennel mate and Junior, a young rottweiler whose kennel mate Princess, got adopted.
News from the front end of the kennel is about the same. Jake is still here, but his barking is not as bad. He has been sick and I don't think he feels much like barking since Baxter is gone. Elsa and Buckeye are still in the first kennel and acting like hooligans all the time. So much energy in that kennel. Too bad we can't bottle it up and sell it to make money for the kennel. There is a new mastiff mix named Zeke in Baxter's old kennel. I still look for Baxter as I go by, even though I know he is at the Rainbow Bridge. He was just such a stately old gentleman and I miss his mug.
Well, that is it for now. I heard it may be a week or so before Natasha gets her turn again. Rumor has it the human gets to leave town for a few days on something called a vacation. I guess that means no dictation until she gets back. So until then, happy adopting from us, Boris and Natasha, affectionately called, The Turbos.
Love,
Boris

Comments

Popular Posts