Any dog will bite

I hate to sound like a broken record, but any dog, given certain situations will bite. The unfortunate part about this is once a dog has bitten a human, they are normally destroyed. This happens due to insurance problems since we live in such a litigious society. Everyone wants to sue for something, and the dog loses.
Most news stories in my memory are about pits or rottis or some known "aggressive" breed although a couple of years ago there was a lab who killed an infant on the east coast. So when I saw the headlines about the Shitzhu, I had to read the story. You can find it here and make up your own mind whether the dog should be destroyed, but just imagine what that child went through before you jump to judgement. I am also curious about the original owner and what the penalty was to them, except giving up the dog to be destroyed.
Stories like these make me sad. It doesn't matter what breed of dog it is. You see, I know all dogs will bite.

Comments

Popular Posts