Labrador available for adoption

My name is Mandy. I am a very laid back yellow girl who found herself at Miami Dade Animal Control until the nice folks at LRRoF came and rescued me in the nick of time. How old am I? Probably about 7 or 8 years old but a lady never tells her age so we will leave it at that.
Even though I am so sweet and love people, my foster mom thinks I have had a rough life. I am a big girl at 98 pounds and quite full-figured and could probably stand to lose about 15 pounds.
I am very well behaved in the house and I walk pretty well on a leash . I don't jump on furniture or people and am not overly anxious when I am left alone. I have not met any cats yet but since I am mellow and not inclined to chase things I doubt I would find them interesting. I have met a few doggies and thought they were pretty nice and fine to hang out with but I am not overly playful. My foster mom thinks some of that may be because I am over weight or maybe because I am not sure where I am at the moment.
I am kinda interested in squeaky toys so I will probably be more playful once I settle in and lose some weight. My foster mom is very stingy at meal time and puts some veggies in my kibble. She says her recipe is called 'diet'. I gobble it up but sure wish there was a little bit more. I am gentle with everything until it comes to taking treats out of your hand...seems I am a little over excited by them. Can you blame me? I am being starved! I am looking for a low key kind of home where people will appreciate a loving Labbie like me and spoil me with love not food. I'd love to hang out and get a couple of walks a day and I suppose it would be nice if my new family would help me get my figure back... it is bathing suit season after all!
Come visit and lets take a swim. If you are interested in meeting or adopting Mandy or one of our other labs contact Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida by visiting our website http://www.labradorrescue.net/ or call 1-866-464-LABS.
LRROF has all our Labs microchipped, spayed or neutered, up to date on shots and each adoption comes with a 30 day pre-paid pet health insurance plan. All applicants will have a home inspection and vet reference (if applicable).

Comments

Popular Posts