A year in the life

A whole year has passed since I adopted my last dog, Buzz. The time has flown so fast, it doesn't seem possible I brought this skinny, balding, neglected, toothless Florida Brown dog home with me a year ago.
Today, Buzz thinks he hit the doggie lotto. He has a beautiful brown coat, is not skinny, and has the run of a backyard full of critters for him to chase. He gets as many treats and hugs as he will allow me to give, although treats are much better in his mind than hugs.
With the passing of Gypsy, my old coon hound, he now has two orthopedic beds to rest on, although he prefers to sleep in my chair when I am not looking.
He is still missing his front teeth and must stay on a maintenance of antibiotics for his skin issues, but he is basically healthy, happy and contented.
To say he could have been destroyed with no thought to the kind of pet he would make would be putting it mildly. He had many, many strikes against him. There are a few people who believed in Buzz. To Michal VanderWoude I say thank you. Thank you for seeing what Buzz could become and making sure you fought for him to be saved. To Dr. Robin, who treated all his ailments and made him as good as possible before he came home and to Rys Miller, who lavished her special love on him during his recuperation and to Marti , who helped me with his thyroid medicine when that was my one concern about adopting him.
To you all I send a special thank you. He is the love of my life and has turned out to be just as special as you all thought he would be. Come and see him sometime. He would enjoy playing with you.

Comments

Popular Posts