Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Oh happy day! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. The weather is back. The glorious cool morning, warm afternoon weather. Is this perfect or what? Did we not have one of the worst winters I can remember? Just to be outside and sniff the air is such a treat when we have weather like the last few days.
Okay, now back to the regular stuff. I just had to get that joy out of my system before I burst.
So, my play buddy, Wooly B. got a haircut and I didn't even recognize him. I had to go sniff him several times to make sure he was who he was supposed to be. I think he really likes his new do but I don't understand what the big deal is. I don't have to have all my hair cut off, but then, I am a SharPei and not a Cocker Spaniel. I guess it is a popular thing to do with that breed of dog.
Easter; what is that? I heard some humans talking about it and about a bunny. Will someone explain it to me so I can understand? I thought we were supposed to chase bunnies. I heard something about baskets with treats, but I didn't get a basket. Do dogs get bunny baskets? Do they have bunnies or treats in them?
We do have a new guest. He is a little runt of a dog, something called a dachshund. He is older than I am. I heard he was 12 and his face is a little gray. He seems to be an okay little guy but you can tell his heart is broken because his family is gone. I have been here long enough so I don't really even care about the people who used to own me. They didn't really care about me so I am better off here. His name is Mel if you want to ask anyone here about him. My name is Baxter and you could ask about me if I am more your type of dog.
Did I tell you what a peaceful week I had on the noise level? Ahhhhh, poor Jake got sick and had to go to see Dr. Luke for 4 days. It was so quiet around here. I am sorry he was sick but not sorry for the peacefulness of the kennels. Of course, he came home on Saturday and just started all over again. I swear, I don't know what is up with that dog.
We had a new little human helping with us last week, too. She is a little thing, not much bigger than I am but she sure loves us. You can tell when people really care about what they are doing and she is a keeper. I hope I get to see more of her. (it doesn't seem to bother her I have a crippled leg, or anything)
Well, I will close for now. You guys get out with your dogs and enjoy this wonderful weather we are having. If you need a dog, please come and see us. We are all looking for homes where we will be loved and cherished the rest of our lives. We won't disappoint you. All of us, down to the very last one, promise.
Love,
Baxter

Comments

Popular Posts