Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Good morning, Sarasota. Hope this day finds you all doing well, despite the rainy, dreary weather we are experiencing this week. I do not like the wet, and prefer dry and cool, so I am not so playful when the ground is wet. I understand it is going to be rainy all week and I am not sure I like that.
Another busy week last week with even more animals finding homes. The sad story of the week is Libby's story. Libby is a senior Labrador who finally found a home, or so we thought. Then the gentleman who adopted her had to bring her back after only two days because he couldn't breathe due to allergies. That always makes us other dogs sad. We are happy when one of us finds a home and sad when one of us has to come back even when they didn't do anything wrong. So, although I love promoting myself, and I do that with as much frequency as I am allowed, I would really like to see Libby find a home. You will read more about her at the end of the column.
We also have two newbies in the kennels. We have Harley, who is a young, black labrador mix and Sheena, who someone found and took to our vet several months ago. Both of these dogs are young and energetic. Sheena has found a playmate with Patches to help burn off some of her energy. I still have Wooly B. as my playmate and on Saturday, we were playing chase with one of the humans. I think we won, but she wanted to argue with me she had one. So we decided it was a draw.
All in all it was another exciting week for the kennels. Now, if we can just keep it up for the rest of the year, my new family will show up. I know they are coming. I just know it. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Love,
Baxter
P.S. Okay, Libby is our choice this week. Libby is estimated between 8 and 9 years old with a yellow coat. She is a nice girl but needs to be the only pet in the household. She likes quiet, is dependable to leave alone and would love to take a walk a couple of times a day with a new friend. Please check us both at at Satchel's Last Resort and then call about one of us. We sure would appreciate it.

Comments

Popular Posts