When is a rescuer wrong?

I know there are people who are going to disagree with me and this next blog post but I believe discussion is how problems are solved. If I am wrong, show me how.
I heard about a young woman who believed she was rescuing a couple of cats. They were young and she took them home because she wanted to save their lives.
Her family, including her, were more of a dog family and the two cats were banished to a spare bedroom where they have lived for the past two years. The woman's mother made sure they had vet care, food and water, but because they were a dog family, there was no love or socialization with the cats even by the young woman who "rescued" them.
Mom and Dad have now bought a house and Mom says the cats are not coming with them. So where are these two, unsocialized and almost feral now going to go? No rescue that I know of.
The young woman now wants to find a "no kill" shelter to dump these cats off at since her parents will not allow them in the new home.
So was the young woman right in what she did? I do not think she was. I think the cats would have had a better chance at life had they been taken to a shelter when she first found them instead of being imprisoned in a spare bedroom with no human interaction or socialization.
This is not a made up story. I have actually met all the parties involved. How sad in by doing what they thought was the right thing, turned out to be so wrong.
So if you think you could provide a home for two, almost feral cats, please contact me. I am taking bets no one contacts me.

Comments

Lucy's B said…
Jean, I want to post a flyer I made for Kumba. I am a friend of Page and Caroline. Please let me know. Thanks so much

Popular Posts