Help is always needed

http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=MNTC.A087254

As I go forward once again with my blog, I am  amazed at how much help is still needed by rescues and shelters in this area.
Is spay and neuter working? Are people getting the word out? Are people still buying dogs and cats from pet stores? Ugh! Are YOU doing as much as you can?
I wish there were easy answers to my questions. There are still favorites of mine who are still in a shelter situation simply because the right family/person/situation has not come along.
Imagine my dismay when I saw a beautiful, young male Rottweiler listed in Manatee County who needed an owner with experience. I just adopted my second rescue and knew I could not devote the time to a young, presumable pushy, Rottweiler. I was sad.
Do others worry about such things or just run out and adopt with no thought to what it is going to take to make this work? Should I think about thinning out my two since I am getting older and live on my own when money is always a concern? What would I do if someone was ill?
My babies are home alone as it is for at least 10 hours a day. I try and spend as much time with them as possible and they do sleep a lot since they are older.
There are always concerns when adopting any pet. I have posted a needy rescue dog at the top of my page along with a link. This guy is a senior and is a priority one who needs a home.
Please inquire if you can care for him the way he needs.
Thanks for reading. I will be back next week.

Comments

Popular Posts