Issues versus perfection

Do you have a pet? Is it perfect? Can we talk about that for a minute? Can I ask you how you found a perfect pet?
The truth comes out. Your pet is not perfect. Your pet is perfect for you. We each have our own ideas of perfection and just because your pet fits in your household perfectly, the story could be different in another household.
The photos at the top of the page are my arms. One is a fresh gouge from a nail when Tega jumped on me with excitement. The other is of all the scars I have on my arms because of rambunctious dogs. Many of those dogs I helped train to not jump, but you can see I am failing miserably with Tega.
Tega might not fit in your household because of her jumping. She might not work because she is psychotic about storms and will try to escape if you leave her alone for too long outside her crate.
Tega is perfect in my house. She keeps Elsa feeling young. She keeps the squirrels at bay away from the bird feeder. She is adorable when you ask her to play dead or roll over.
Her coloring is like a tiger and she blends well with the decor. (Just kidding. My rescue friends will get it.)
She has issues but she is perfect for my household. Make sure when you adopt you find a pet that is perfect for you, even with an issue or two.

Comments

Popular Posts