Thank you but...

I have been dealing with animal rescue for 25 or so years. I have tapered off in the past couple, just because of age slowing me down a tad but I am still involved in writing, social media and generating interest in the world of rescue.
On November 25, Trump signed in to law the Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture Act. I am pleased it passed but know it was one of those bills which should have passed years ago and for whatever reason, our politicians overlooked it as unimportant. I find it interesting that everyone is cheering this bill but overlooking what the White House or the Congress has done to protections of our wildlife, our endangered species, our water and our air, but again, that is for another time.
Our local representative, Vern  Buchanan, was one of the sponsors of the bill but remember, it was bi-partisan and the other co-sponsor, Ted Deutch (D) who represents the other coast of Florida has a strong following on his side.
When looking for support for his upcoming race, I know Buchanan is going to focus on bills such as the one above but we must all look at the big picture. What else has he done for us? He has gotten rich. His income taken from www.ballotpedia.org, shows his net worth at $88,802,066.50. (2012) "In June 2007, Buchanan, in his financial disclosure filing, reported having over $100 million in assets, making him among the five wealthiest members of Congress."
Mr. Buchanan believes Trump has done nothing wrong in investigating Mr. Biden and his son's dealings with the Ukraine. 
I have issue with this but then I have issue with Mr. Buchanan. He doesn't meet with his constituents as he should, he avoids discussion of icky subjects, especially if he is outnumbered in opposition. He answers all emails with canned letters which don't address whatever issue you have written him about and then sends out these dumb little email polls every Sunday to do what? I won't even take the time to answer. The reason is, it doesn't matter what I vote, he will always vote party, regardless of what we want.
I kind of went off animals this week but you can bet Buchanan will use his part of the aforementioned bill to try and persuade voters what a good guy he is and how he really listens to us. Don't be fooled. Keep your eye on the big picture.

Comments

Popular Posts