Here I am again

I have given up my site and have decided to begin simply writing a blog again so here I am.
This was how I began writing about animals so it is only right that I come back to the basics of animal rescue.
As we continue to move further and further in to a higher and higher technical world, one thing has not changed since I began writing a blog many years ago. Rescued animals still need help and no one really writes about them except in special cases.
Close down a backyard puppy mill and people come running. Pull animals from an out of business shelter in another state and people are lining up at the door to adopt. There is nothing wrong with capitalizing on this cases. These animals do need homes but that leaves all the others still waiting in a kennel somewhere, who never get any notice. These are the animals I plan on writing about. These are the ones that need help.
The first critters that will make it on the page are 3 little teeny kittens, about 5 weeks old, who I transported from Desoto County Animal Services to my rescue, Satchel's Last Resort.
There are two black ones and one grey tabby. From one photo posted on Facebook, one of the kittens has a home. Well, if he survives. He is so tiny and loaded with worms including ringworm, plus a horrific upper respiratory infection that we don't assume in the rescue world. The two black ones are in the same shape. They need extensive healing before they are ready to find homes.
Had I not been available to rescue these kittens from a small, rural animal control, they might not have made it. This is why I write.
So if you are in need of a new companion to complete your home, we still have cats of all shapes and sizes, plus two little, bitty kittens who will hopefully thrive, get better and be adoptable. Check out all the dogs and cats at the link provided above. You might just be surprised at what you find.
Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts